Nurture November Course - Enduring Lockdown
When the lockdown happened in March and we had the lovely weather, I remember thinking, “I’m so glad this is not happening in November!” Well this time, it is happening in November and I can feel a cloud of dark thoughts circling the fringes of my mind. However, I’m extremely lucky in that my mind seems hardwired to search for solutions or at the very least, a silver lining. So I’ve been wondering, what can we do to make this month a little more bearable?
November is one of the darkest months of the year, so it’s very important to prioritise our wellbeing. On a bright, warm and sunny day, it’s easier to feel good, to stay positive, to feel motivated and inspired. We are more inclined to eat well, be sociable, get active, go outdoors and receive the health benefits of vitamin D. However, when November hits, between the dark, the wet and the cold, much of our good routines can fall by the wayside but its even more important to look after yourself at his time of year, especially in 2020.
We’ve got to re-focus, to make a new plan… a lock down survival guide, if you will. And we have to prioritise our well being. So choose a buddy, either virtually or someone from your household who can do this with you, and start scheduling in activities that increase your wellbeing. It’s much easier to stay on track when you have “a partner in crime”, not literally speaking of course.
Create your own plan or join like-minded people on the Nurture November Course – Enduring Lockdown. Details below
This course is about radical self-care; it is a way of connecting with yourself and others; it is an antidote to isolation; it about choosing you and prioritising your well being.
This course will run over four Sundays from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm:
Dates: Sunday 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th November
- 4 weekly online Zoom meetups – discussions / workshops (outlined below)
- Access to a private facebook group to connect & share with each other (optional)
- Access to pre-recorded meditation & yoga classes for the duration of the course.
4 weekly meetups – outline
- Week 1: Committing to self-care. Identifying, what is self-care for you. Coping with stress
- Week 2: Daily routine, rhyme & rhythm. Changing habits
- Week 3: Roles – Who you show up as in life. Values – What’s important to you
- Week 4: Life balance and bringing more joy into your life
- Also includes: goal setting, journalling, self-care challenge
Endurance means: the ability or strength to continue or last, especially despite fatigue, stress, or other adverse conditions – Dictionary.com