Module 5 - March
Balance & Expression
EFJ Module 5 – Live Call Recording
Practices & Ritual
Alternate Nostril Breathing instructional video here:
- Light your candle.
- Allow the eyes to close and take a few breaths.
- Think about any challenges, worries, stresses or concerns you may have right now.
- What is it you are feeling as you think about this.
- Imagine this feeling as a ball of energy representing the fear, the worry, the block, the stress, the anxiety or the emotion
- Where do you feel it in your body?
- Place your hands near that area of your body and imagine taking the ball of energy into your hands
- Now Imagine you are holding the ball of energy in your hands.
- Take a look at it. What do you see? What does it look like? What colour is it?
- What do you feel when you look at it?
- What do you want to do with this ball of energy?
- Are you ready to do that?
- If the answer is yes then allow yourself to do it now
- If you’re not ready then that’s ok. Maybe it’s not the right time.
- Whatever you decide to do is ok.
- Now bring your hands to your heart.
- Imagine your heart filling up with love, light and healing energy.
- Notice the colour of this healing light.
- Feel this healing light getting stronger, bigger and more radiant, expanding outward until it encompasses your whole body.
- Bring your hands to your left foot, smile and say the words I love you to your left foot.
- Then bring your hands to your ankle, smile and say I love you etc
- Repeat this exercise moving to each part of your body: feet, legs, hips, back, spine, organs, shoulders, arms, hands, face, head etc
- Then bring your hands back to your heart
- Feel the loving healing light getting stronger, bigger and more radiant, expanding outward until it encompasses your whole body, harmonising and healing all aspects of your being.
- Feel this process happening with ease.
- Smile and say I love you to your whole being
Content & Notes
The spring equinox which happens on the 20th March, signifies a day and night of equal length. We can use this time as an opportunity to look at the polarities in our lives and get a sense of balance.
In particular for this course we focus on the balance of masculine and feminine energies and how they show up in ourselves and our lives. What’s more dominant? How can we bring these aspects into unity? Can we accept and give expression to our suppressed qualities?
However, when it comes to balance, its not about creating perfect harmony between two opposites; its about being open to exploring the rhythm and flow of contrasting energies that exist in all aspects of life.
All people, whether male, female and otherwise, have a combination of feminine and masculine qualities/energies. We can also refer to these energies as yin and yang. All basic human qualities and behaviours can be categorised as yin/feminine or yang/masculine in energy. Feminine energy encompasses the quality of being. Masculine energy relates to the aspects of doing.
Depending on the various activities or interactions we engage with on a daily basis, we may find ourselves utilising our masculine energy a lot more than the feminine, (or vice versa) and then things can get out of balance. For example, too much doing, doing, doing, leads to overwhelm and stress but too much of doing nothing can lead to stagnation. We need a balance of both.
Yin and yang (feminine & masculine) energies are meant to complement each other and work together but due to the nature of society and the systems we live in, some qualities are generally more valued, respected, and tolerated than others. As a result many of us learn to suppress the qualities we think are less desirable. For example in the western world there is usually too much doing, yet this is behaviour is tolerated, deemed acceptable and is sometimes used as a badge of honour. Conversely emotional expression is often viewed as a sign of weakness.
- Yang/Masculine energy is outward, active, logical, firm, linear, competitive, thinking, intellectual, reasoning, doing.
- Yin/Feminine energy is inward, passive, emotional, gentle, cyclical, cooperative, feeling, intuitive, nurturing, healing, receiving
For more information see the resources section.
- Location: Throat
- Element: Sound, ether
- Sense: Hearing / ears
- Rights: To speak, to create
- Power: Choice, will, will-power, discernment, expression, power, creating, truth, power of words
- Lesson: Your will not mine (surrender to divine will)
- Identity: Creative identity
- Relates to: Communication, creativity, knowledge, faith, self-knowledge, personal authority. Through the power of words, we express our choices, our creativity, our values, our beliefs, our emotions, our power, our will and our intention.
- Strengths: Ability to keep one’s word. Speaking the truth. Capacity to make decisions
- Fears: Fears related to having no authority, no power, no choice, no control and no will-power.
- Physical areas of the body: Thyroid, parathyroid, hypothalamus, Throat, ears, mouth, shoulders, neck, neck vertebra, wrists, index finger & thumb, teeth, oesophagus, trachea, gums
- Physical Issues that may arise from imbalance: Sore throats, neck and shoulder pain, thyroid troubles
- Psychological issues that may arise from imbalance: Lies, obsessive need to control relationships, events and self-expression, lies judgement doubt.
Feminine & Masculine Energies
Mary Magdalene Revealed by Meggan Watterson
Women Who Run With Wolves by Dr. Clarissa Pikola Estes
Wild Women, Wild Voices by Judy Reeves